Sunday 27 March 2011

Crocheted Baby Mary Jane Booties





I know, I know! I am supposed to be working on the new Grandbaby's cot blanket!

I saw these at The Guildford fair yesterday and thought they were cute and of course once I got home I headed straight to google to find a pattern. The bootie is crocheted all in one with no seams, you do have to make the strap separate and sew in place but it's only 2 stitches. I added the little pink flower simply because I am addicted to flowers, these days they are being made randomly just for the hell of it. You could add ribbons or bows or simply leave the bootie plain. 
These are made with 8 ply wool on  a size 4 hook and would fit new born to 3 months.
A similar pattern can be found here:
I modified 3 patterns to make the booties and will sit and write it down when I make the next pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment