Saturday 26 March 2011

Actually it's Saturday March 26th ...

...shows what I know huh?

I have been working on this African Flower hexagon rug since last winter. It's fiddly but each hexagon is gorgeous and I can visualise them all sewn together. This will definitely be an heirloom rug once it's completed!
I kind of have it figured that I need 12 hexagons in each colour ie; 12 pink flowers, 12 blue flowers and so on ... So 10 hexagons across and about 12 to 14 hexagons high and it should be big enough to fit nicely on a queen size bed. The only oops I have with this pattern is that when sewn together I am going to have a weird edge. Looks like I have to google HALF hexagons so I can straighten up the finished rug.
Had a count up - I have 60 hexagons crocheted so far, half way - yay me! I promise to upload a photo of the finshed product.

The link for these flowers is below at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment