Wednesday 26 July 2017

KittyK(hat) also known as the PussyHat

Oh my! This has got to be the easiest knitted hat pattern of all time, AND the cutest. I take no credit for this pattern, I just want to share how easy it is. If you can knit a scarf you can knit yourself a KittyK(hat).

I used chunky yarn, it was an wool+alpacca mix from Big W and knitted it on size 8mm needles.

Cast on 30 sts
Knit
Knit
Knit
Yay, you just made "garter stitch"
Keep knitting until you reach 8 inches (20-21cm) and bind off.
Now fold that long rectangle in half to form a square, sew the top and the side - leave the bottom open, that's for your head!
When you put your KittyK(hat) on your head the EARS will magically form. Make sure you tweak them forward and not to the side otherwise they look like horns.



For the pink KittyK(hat) I used 2 strands of 8ply yarn knitted together on 7mm needles
Cast on 40st and repeat the above instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment